Tell BAAQMD Climate Committee members the Bay Area needs to lead on GHG reduction. Although the Air District adopted a 10-point Action Work Plan last year, the effort has lead only to new studies, not new rules that will:
- Transition from fossil fuels to advanced, efficient design and clean heat and power
- Reduce GHGs from Refineries
- Reduce emissions via air permits
- Fast track clean energy installation
Air District staff are still moving at a glacial pace in implementing the BAAQMD Board Resolution to reduce Bay Area GHG emissions to 80% below 1990 levels by 2050.
The timeline for the Clean Air Plan has slipped from 2013, to 2014, to 2015, to 2016.
We don't need to wait for the Clean Air Plan. The Air District's 10-Point Climate Action Work Program states that they will Initiate Rule Development in addition to developing a long term climate action strategy.
We need to tell the Board what we want.
350 Bay Area/BayCAP proposals for BAAQMD 2015 rule development:
1. Take concrete action starting this year to decarbonize the Bay Area though aggressive rulemaking.
2. Cap and reduce refinery GHG emissions this year.
3. Include strong GHG limits in permit rules this year.
4. Starting this year, use permits and the environmental review process to aggressively move toward 100% renewable electric generation.
Present your comments and/or support others prepared to speak. RSVP to get help on talking points.
939 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
Google map and directions