The US Social Forum is a movement-building tool to connect various fronts of struggle to the developing movement toward becoming a political force for transformation. Members of the Sunflower Alliance will present a workshop entitled “Bay Area Resistance to Extreme Fossil Fuels", on Saturday, June 27th, 8:30 AM, in the St. Paul's Classrooms.
View workshop schedule here.
Learn more and register at http://www.ussfsanjose.com/
The Social Forum goals are:
- Create a space for social movement analysis, popular and political education, convergence, and strategic discussion.
- Advance Peoples Movement Assemblies’ agendas for ongoing action directed toward social transformation.
- Build stronger relationships, collaboration, and social movements across fronts of struggle for political understanding, strategic direction, and a powerful political force.
- Deepen our collaboration with global social movements and our practice of international solidarity and joint struggle.
- Strengthen local capacity to improve social conditions and social struggle.
- Model and practice our values and our vision of another world (e.g., celebration, caring, support of identity, cooperation, collectivity, justice, equality, democracy, and sustainability).
921 S First St
San Jose, CA 95110
Google map and directions